Thursday, January 12, 2012

Thanksgiving

A little behind on the ol' bloggeroo? I think so. Oh well...better late than never!!





We had Thanksgiving with the "Lake" side of the family this year. I use quotations because it was really Brent's grandma's family. In my eight years of marriage this was the first time having Thanksgiving with them. It was so much fun. Seriously. Grandma Timperly is all about games.

First we ate a delicious meal. I mean really, I stuffed myself. Aunt Jo's sink was broken so we hauled the dishes to Blain's apartment and back to wash and dry them. It made it an entertaining way to do the dishes. Everyone pitched in and helped get it all done.

After dishes we did the paper sack game. Grandma and Aunt Jo put little trinkets, candy, two dollar bills, quarters, and nickles in brown paper bags. Only one has a five dollar bill in it. That is the prize. Everyone picks a bag and we went in birth order to open them. No one got the five dollars. Oh wait, what could that be? Another round? I think so. I think the adults look forward to that tradition more than the kids. My kids were just happy to have some pocket change!!

We rounded the night out with a visit to Grandma and Grandpa Welling's house and some midnight shopping! So fun!

No comments: