Monday, April 22, 2013

She might be drama

We had an incident today. Bridger was home from school because he woke up puking...it was fun. Anyway, we made it past lunch and had taken Corbin to preschool. Reagan was getting ready to watch 'cinderlella'. I picked her up by a leg and arm, just being funny, and carried her to the couch. When I sat her down she started crying and said her arm hurt. Oh man, I thought, I dislocated her shoulder or elbow. I made sure everything was intact and got her some ice to make her feel better (and stop crying).
The arm could not be touched, moved, or even looked at the rest of the day. You can imagine how fun that was getting her in and out of the car a couple of times for various reasons. Ya, it wasn't. She practically had to be fed her dinner because her arm hung limp at her side. I was feeling so bad by this point. I put her back on the couch and got her comfortable. We were reading a story when Brent came home from work.
He asked her how her arm was and the same story unfolded. No touching or looking. In passing I said can you pretend to squeeze a ball and she said "noooo", through tears. We just let her be and were discussing what to do, quietly. All of a sudden she perks up and said, "hey, I can squeeze a ball".
That, my friends, was the end of the hurt arm. Dad must have some magical healing touch. I think there was a little bit of drama involved! I wonder where she gets that from?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha, Good thing she's so stinking cute!!
Andrea

Anonymous said...

They same thing happened a few different times with Lucy. The first time it happened we took her to the doctor and he showed us how to put it back in. The other times it happened, I could never see anything wrong. She'd baby it for a long time (hang by her side, or hold her arm close to her body) but then all of the sudden it would feel a million times better....like it had gone back into the socket or whatever. Lucy is a bit of a drama queen, too. It's a girl thing.....although, as soon as I typed that, Graham started screaming because Benny was playing with his Batman castle. Haha!